Thursday, February 5, 2009

PASA 2009

Hi all. I just want to say that I got to go to the PASA Conference today and had a really positive experience. This weekend I will post a more complete rundown of what I did and a couple of connections that I made. All in all, I think that the world of sustainability is doing well. People are developing consciousness and laying the groundwork for real change. At the institutional and governmental level we have a lot of work to do but I think that we are really in a good place at a good time because things are so bad...if that makes sense. The reality of stepping back and doing more on our own scales is setting in.

Just to show you what I mean, I post here a video by Roger Doiron of Kitchen Gardeners International about getting President Obama to put a garden on the White House lawn (something not without precedent):

No comments:

Post a Comment